ABOUT RV TRUST
Activities of the Trust
The RV Educational Trust, a Charitable Trust, with an intension to help the downtrodden in the Educationally backward rural area, started an Engineering College at Esanthanku, a small hamlet, 8 kms away from the Holy Town, Nagercoil in Kanyakumari District, Tamil Nadu, in the name and style of “Udaya School of Engineering”, in the year 2002-2003. Now the R.V. Educational Trust is running the following six Educational Institutions in the same village.
- Udaya School of Engineering,
- Udaya College of Education
- Udaya Polytechnic College
- Surya Polytechnic College
- Sun Polytechnic College
- Udaya Arts and Science College
- Sun Pharmacy College and Research Centre
Other Promoted Activities
The Management is very much interested in helping poor students through free Education every year. The Management is also generous to provide transport facilities to the students. Thirty Seven well conditioned buses have been purchased for the benefit of the day scholar students. A separate Transport Office has been functioning in the College Campus. The College buses go to all parts of the District to pick up the students and staff members of these Institutions. Moderate monthly bus fare has been charged. Buses have also been sent to very distant places like Trivandrum in Kerala State, which is 80 Kilometres away from the Institution, and Vallioor in the neighbouring District, Tirunelveli, for the benefit of the students and staff members. The transport charges are maintained at the same rates even though the fuel cost, vehicle cost and the maintenance cost are increasing periodically. The extra cost of transportation has been met from the management funds.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE TRUST
- To provide world class education in Engineering and Technology and Teacher Education to the students of Tamil Nadu and other states.
- To provide opportunity of Education in the area of students' choice at a place nearest to their homes so that they get Education under the supervision of their parents. Not only this, Education in a college near home reduces traveling fatigue and cost of Education.
- To provide free Education to the poor students under fee waiver scheme.
- To provide opportunity of Technical Education and Teacher Education in the areas of students' choice at a place nearest to their homes so that they can get Education under the supervision of their parents.
- To add Post Graduate courses in Engineering in IT, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics from Session 2010-2011,
- To add Post Graduate course in Teacher Education from 2011-2012
- To achieve Global class level in Education by way of planned and coordinated development through Accreditation by Session 2010-2011
- To enhance consultancy services by the Year 2010-2011
- To provide 100% placement to all the eligible candidates through campus placement activity,
- To work for the overall development of each and every student and
- To provide congenial and self-development atmosphere for faculty and staff so that they help the promoters to achieve their goal.
To enhance the facilities for Technical Education and Teacher Education, pursue Research and Development Programme and make the Institutions a Centre of Excellence in these areas in order to produce Engineers and Teachers who could compete at global level in the present era of Engineering and Technology.